Beltana Mine Surface Infrastructure Installation
for Roche Mining (Project Management)
Our personnel provided the total project management of the surface infrastructure of this new mining operation to go underground at the final highwall of Bulga’s Open-cut mine. This included engineering and construction management for the new facilities. This project was undertaken for Roche Mining and Xstrata / Glencore.
- Commissioned 1 day ahead of a very tight schedule.
- Project achieved under budget.
- Embraced additional tasks to recover time lost by others to let mining start on schedule.
- Recognised by Xstrata as their best mine start-up ever, due in no small part to Calsun’s role.
- BHP later engaged iPUT (nee Calsun) for their MAC20 upgrade of Mt Arthur North Mine in 2009 after they reviewed coal mine start-ups over the previous decade and concluded this one was by far the most successful.